To provide both emergency and medium term accommodation for young people in housing need, aged 16-25 years, by Host Families in the Leyland area to enable them to live independently within society with confidence and self esteem.
The service will seek to:
- Recruit stable host families from South Ribble, mainly from the local churches in Chorley, Preston and West Lancashire.
- Provide a support service to homeless and vulnerable young people both to provide good quality accommodation, proper care and practical and emotional support.
- Enable young people to move to more suitable accommodation.
- Provide training and practical support to host families.
- Raise awareness about homeless youth issues in the Church and other agencies SLEAP works in partnership with, especially in South Ribble , Chorley, Preston and West Lancashire areas.
Reasonable access, Diversity and inclusion
SLEAP operates a Fair Access, Diversity and Inclusion Policy in line with the 9 protected characteristics of the Equality Act 2010. Every Young Person is treated as an individual and no Young Person will be discriminated against on account of their age, race, colour, religion, culture, gender, sexuality, marital status, social status, disability or appearance, nor be disadvantaged by any other condition or requirement that cannot be shown to be justified. However, circumstances may apply where we are unable to offer a placement because accommodation may not be suitably adapted for certain physical disabilities or circumstances.